One of my favorite things about commuting back and forth between Seattle and Copenhagen is flying through Iceland. And whenever I stop at the Keflvìk airport, I pick up The Reykjavìk Grapevine – an English language newspaper.
Here’s what’s been going on in Iceland in May:
- a hiker broke his leg when he was mowed down by a small avalanche on Esja mountain
- a travel journalist lost his hat
- an illegally imported cat was euthanized
- there is no malt liquor in Iceland, so don’t bother looking
- the Icelandic language (which sounds so lovely to a foreign ear) is in danger of becoming extinct!
- reportedly, the news of a unicorn on an Icelandic farm is FALSE. It turns out it was just a one horned ram